Right of complaint Aduro wood burning stoves
Congratulations on your new Aduro wood burning stove!
Statutory right of complaint
The right to complain applies in accordance with the sales act in the country where the stove was purchased. The original purchase receipt with date is valid as proof.
The right of complaint does not cover:
- Damages resulting from incorrect installation and use of the stove, overheating and wrong or missing maintenance of the stove etc.
- Consumable service parts (glass, gaskets, firebricks, slides, painted surfaces, cast iron grate etc.), which are subject to normal wear and tear. You can buy these parts in our webshop.
- Damages caused by (condensation) water in and around the chimney, too much or too little draught in the chimney and missing maintenance/cleaning.
- Damages to the stove caused by external influences or damages caused by the stove on other objects.
Extend your warranty for free
Did you know that we offer the possibility to extend your statutory right of complaint to an extended warranty* of five years in total?
- Extended warranty in the rare case of manufacturing faults
- Faster service, since we already have the needed information on your stove
- Save your receipt online, so it never gets lost
- Monthly newsletter with relevant news and useful tips for firing, maintenance and much more
*The possibility of extended warranty only applies to Aduro wood burning stoves. It does not apply to hybrid stoves, pellet stoves, or Asgård wood burning stoves. If you already have a statutory right of complaint of 5 years or longer, you cannot extend the warranty, but you will still get the other benefits when you register.
Fill in the form within five months of purchase (from the invoice date). The extended warranty will become effective from the day your right of complaint expires. You will need the stove's production number for the warranty registration. How to find the production number.
Please be aware that the right to complain applies in accordance with the sales act in the country where the stove was purchased. If the stove is moved to another country or area far away from the dealer at which the stove was purchased (e.g., to an island), you are not guaranteed an extended warranty or service options for the stove. The stove should always be purchased in the country and area where it is to be installed.