How to succeed with your Aduro Hybrid stove
Here, you will find the answers to some of the frequently asked questions about Aduro Hybrid. If you don’t find the answer to your questions here, we have collected all the answers in our customer service center.
Can Aduro Hybrid burn 24/7?
The answer is YES. It only takes a little cleaning. If you would like to use the pellet function several consecutive days, it is possible to scrape slags and ash out from the brazier along the way. We always recommend cleaning the stove when it is cold, but cleaning of the brazier may be done when the stove is running. In this movie we show how (minute 8:00-8:25). The interval for cleaning is greatly influenced by the pellet quality. Therefore, it is important that you only use approved pellets, as some pellet types gives more slags and ash than other.
We recommend cleaning after every 13 kg of burned pellets (1 silo capacity), which is approximately the same as 8 hours in operation on heat level 3, 12-14 hours level 2 or 20-24 hours on heat level 1.
How do I ensure correct chimney draft?
Do you experience problems with ignition? Smoke in the room when you open the door to the stove? Bad combustion or smoke in the neighborhood? Then please make sure that there is nothing in the chimney to restrict the smoke and that no nearby buildings or trees affect the winds around the chimney.
If the chimney is too short, leaks, or is inadequately insulated, there may be problems with the chimney draft (let the chimney sweep assess this). The draft should be sufficient during the ignition phase when the stove/chimney is cold to provide a clean combustion and prevent smoke leakage. Therefore, we recommend a chimney draft around 5 Pa in the ignition phase. Once the ignition is a success and the smoke temperature is rising, it is important that the chimney draft reaches a stable area around 18-25 Pa in operation (1 hour after ignition) when the chimney/stove is hot. The draft in the area of 18-25 Pa when the stove is hot is essential in order to achieve an optimum and clean combustion and avoid problems such as pellet accumulation and smoke leakage. Therefore, we recommend that you measure your chimney draft when the chimney is cold and when it is hot after 1 hour in operation.
If it is impossible to establish a sufficiently natural chimney draft, the chimney can be fitted with a smoke exhauster, e.g. Aduro DraftOptimizer.
How the Hybrid's room temperature control works
The stove adjusts itself to heat levels 1, 2 and 3 and adapts the heat level every 15 minutes after the desired room temperature. If the room temperature is 1 degree greater or less than the desired room temperature, then the heat level will automatically adjust itself (maximum one level at the time). See below for detailed explanation.
- If the stove is off: If the desired room temperature that is selected is higher than the current room temperature the stove will turn on and start operating. The stove starts the ignition process and continues to operate at heat level 3 until the minimum smoke temperature for heat level 1 is reached. Go to point 3 for more detailed information.
- If the stove is operating and the room temperature adjustment function is selected on the app, and the smoke temperature has been greater than the minimum smoke temperature required for heat level 1, then the time is counted in which the room temperature is either more than 1 degree too low or too high. Go to point 3 for more detailed information.
- If the room temperature has a degree, that is more than 1 degree below the desired room temperature, then the stove will automatically move 1 operational heat level up after few seconds at the first level change. If the time in which the room temperature continues to be too low surpasses 10 minutes, then the control system will automatically increase the operational level an additional step up, i.e. from level 2 to 3. If the room temperature is more than 1 degree higher than the desired room temperature, the operational heat level is reduced 1 step down immediately. If the room temperature continues to be more than 1 degree above the desired room temperature for more than 10 minutes, then the control system will move an additional step down, i.e. from level 3 to 2 or from level 2 to 1.
The stove however only changes the heat level one time “immediately”, the other level changes are hereafter taken with a minimum of 10 minutes interval.
Which smartphones does the app work on?
The app is compatible with iOS models from iPhone 6 or later versions and Android versions from 5.1.
How do I use the app?
By using the Aduro Hybrid app, you can control your Aduro Hybrid stove. The app has three functions: heat level, wanted room temperature, and time table. Below you can learn more about how the app works.
At the front page of the app, you can see the following:
- Power status: Ignition, heating, stopped, heating with wood, turned off, alarm
- Heat level: 1,2,3 or room temperature control
- Smoke temperature
- CO level: (safety measurement which measures whether there is smoke in the back of the system). A green bar is OK. If the bar reaches yellow, the hybrid stove will lower its heat level to 1. If the bar reaches red, the stove will turn off itself.
- App version
- Setup button: Here, you can switch between heat level and room temperature control. If the button flashes green, the pellet function is started - but the stove is waiting for the smoke temperature to drop below 100 degrees Celsius. When the smoke temperature is below 100 degrees Celsius, the pellet function will start.
On the next two screen prints you can see:
- Heat level (3 levels)
- Wanted room temperature (set the temperature you want in the room)
- On/off button
- Language selection
With the function “timetable” you have the possibility to plan, how the stove should run during the week. You can choose whether the stove should be turned off, if it should run on heat level, or on wanted room temperature. To the right you can see an example:
- Monday, the stove is set to run on heat level from 14-18 (marked with green).
- Tuesday, the stove is set to run on wanted room temperature from 11-15 (marked with blue).
- Red means that the stove is not running in this time span.
Download the guide and connect your phone to the Hybrid stove and connect the Hybrid stove to your wifi.